Dalhousie Building/Old Church (St. Andrew's United)

6138-52 Coburg Road

The original plan was to demolish the old Church portion and significantly renovate the tower portion (old Faculty of Management Building).  Structural problems were encountered and it was decided the Tower portion would be demolished and a new building erected.

The Buildings previously housed the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. According to the NSCAD website...

"In 1957, under the direction of President A. Murray MacKay, the Nova Scotia College of Art relocated to the renovated St. Andrews United Church Hall on Coburg Road, a space eventually expanded to include the Coburg Road Building Extension in 1968"

NSCAD relocated downtown in the early 70's and Dalhousie Faculty of Management took over the buildings at that time.

 

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008

Photo above taken May 19, 2008


 

[MAIN PAGE]